Blog - July 2011
Do you love Barefoot? Are you known for recommending it to friends and family? Are you a fan on of Barefoot's Facebook page?
If you answered yes to any of the following, then you should enter yourself to become the next Barefoot Wine Foot Fan of the Month! The winner's photo will be our profile picture for to see, talk about serious bragging rights!
To enter, we've made it nice n' easy. All you need to do is snap a photo of yourself in one of your favorite places to "get barefoot" with or without Barefoot in hand and then post it on our Facebook Wall! It could be a pic of you at the beach, or sitting on your porch sipping on Bubbly or even a photo of you from a recent trip, toes in the sand. At Barefoot, we don't believe in lots of rules, so interpret it how you like and we're sure your photo will be great!
Let's get Barefoot & Have a good time! See ya at the beach
It's that time of year again. Heat waves are making their way through the country and we're roastin' and toastin' in this warm weather! Dodging the heat during the daytime is doable for many with indoor gigs, but what about at night? Beating the heat at home isn't easy, but we have a couple ideas on how to 'get Barefoot' and still stay cool!
Hot or not, dinnertime calls. Why not enjoy a cool summer salad & a nice chilled Barefoot beverage? We can't think of a better way "cool off" after a long, warm, summer day. See our suggestions on how to build-your-own tasty summer salad and a few ideas on how to keep your Barefoot nice n' cool.
Essentials for a Summer Salad: Transforming a side salad into an entrée is easy peasy, just follow this simple step-by-step..
1. Select a Protein: Whether it be grilled chicken breast, steak or even seafood (legumes or potatoes for our vegetarian friends!)--pick a protein as your "base" for the salad and build on flavors from there!
2. Go Green: What kind of greens tickle your fancy? Romaine, butter lettuce, arugula or good ol' fashion iceburg. Simply select your fav kind of greens and feel free to go with what's fresh & in season and don't be afraid to mix!
3. Crunch Element: What salad is complete without packin' a crunch? Croutons are the easy go-to, but we also love these crunchy additions too; pumpkin seeds, cashews and dried rice noodles.
4. Seasonal Fruits & Veggies: Here's where you can really go wild! Throw in your preferred combination of vegetables and/or fruits to add some color to your already fabulous salad. We love tossing in things like cucumber, strawberries, pomegranate seeds & artichoke hearts. Just be cautious of what flavors go well together, but we trust that you've got that covered :
5. Cheese: For those of you who love cheese, here's your chance to toss it into your salad. Cheeses like Goat , Bleu, Feta and parmigiano-reggiano are TOEtally awesome in a salad
6. Dress it Up!: We LOVE getting "Barefoot" even with our salads. Try one of these delicious, light vinaigrettes made wih our wine to round out your salad: Barefoot Bubbly Champagne Vinaigrette or Roasted Pear & Moscato Vinaigrette
And there you have it! A salad made up of greens, protein (or other hearty ingredient), fuits/veggies, cheese and crunch and you have yourself a nice, cool & crisp dinner option! Now, what to sip on that is equally chilly? Here are our top 3 tips on how to keep your Barefoot nice n' cold…
1. Frozen Fruit: Try slicing up and freezing your favorite fruit (think blueberries, grapes, strawberries, etc), then tossing it into a glass of Moscato, Pinot Grigio or your personal fav flavor.
2. Chill Your Glass: What's the best way to keep the contents in your glass cold? Chill the glass itself! Try these helpful instructions on how to safely chill your glass.
3. Reusable Ice Cubes: While traditional ice cubes can do the trick, we prefer reusable ice cubes like these because they won't water down your vino and are a great way to add a little fun to your vino!
One of our favorite ways to get 'Barefoot' during the summer is a good ole' fashion BBQ. Much like wine, BBQs bring together family & friends to celebrate & join in on great conversation with one another. So naturally, it's one of our fav pastimes! Most people envision gingham table cloths and bags of charcoal when BBQ is on the brain, but for us, it's Barefoot!
We recommend incorporating some of these tasty recipes into your special summer celebration: Barefoot BBQ Sauce (made w/our Lodi Zin!), Sweet Red Sangria , Lemon Cream Tart & even Barefoot Salad Dressing!
Aside from our yummy recipes, we have a few tips to ensure that your BBQ is a success.
1. Put in the hard work before the guests arrive: One thing we've learned the hard way, is that it can be tough to enjoy your guests & the food if you're too busy in the kitchen! Go grocery shopping the day before & do any and all prep work the night before or morning of. It's best to have the pasta salads made, cookies baked, guacamole mixed and condiments set up ahead of time, so you can just pull everything out of the fridge, lay out on the table & go! Also, we highly recommend designating someone as the 'griller' so you can be the host & enjoy your great company.
2. Get vibin' with good music! Set the mood with some tunes. Before the big day, create a playlist made up of fun, summery, yet upbeat music. A variety of pop, oldies & top 40 are great, just be sure it's appropriate for all ages, especially if children are present!
3. Don't sweat the small stuff & remember to have fun: When hosting a gathering, know that things will go wrong. Ingredients can be forgotten, hot dogs get burnt, heck it could even rain! But remember, the reason for arranging the day is to enjoy friends & family and have a good time. No one else will care much if the hotdog was cooked a bit too long & you shouldn't either. Take a deep breath, put on a smile, and get Barefoot & have a good time!
- 1 of 3